- Midterm 30%
- Final 35%
- Lab work Quiz and HWs 35%
CENG 111 Fundamentals of Computer Engineering
This is an introductory course to Computer Engineering that provides a brief insight into computer, then goes on to providing basic elements of C programming language.
1) The steps in the development of a computer program
2) Input and output concepts as they apply to C programs
3) Logical and comparative operators
4) Selection Statements
5) Basic loop concepts
6) Function basics
Students are expected to
1) develop algorithms through the process of top-down, stepwise refinement.
2) create basic computer programs in C
3) manage errors in programs by using the debugger.
· Introduction to Computers: Main parts of a computer, CPU, RAM, I/O Devices, ALU, Binary Numbers
· Structure of a C program
· Variable declarations, Assignment statements
· Mathematical expressions/operators
· Logical expressions/operators, Priorities of Operators
· Selection Statements
· Looping Statements
Deitel and Deitel, C How to Program (6th Edition), Prentice-Hall, Inc.,2010 0-13-1240416-8
J. R. Hanly and E. B. Koffman,Problem Solving and Program Design in C (7th Edition) Addison-Wesley 0-321-46464-8